International Editions Executive
Phaidon Press is one of the world's leading publishers of books on the visual arts, culture and creativity. This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and rapidly growing International Editions team.
Reporting to: Head of Department
Responsible for co-edition sales in agreed territories with a particular focus on developing strategic partners in the Russian and Scandinavian markets
Role in General
- Working as key member of the growing International Editions team
- Business development in the Russian and Scandinavian markets
- Develop strategic publishing partners in those territories
- Ensuring excellent selling to these customers on a daily basis
- Visiting these markets regularly to ensure first rate service
- Involvement in organising and attending book fairs and trade events, including Frankfurt and London
- Achieve challenging sales targets
- Undertaking reprint and backlist campaigns
- Working with other departments, (mainly legal, production and editorial) to gain all relevant information and advice to successfully complete co-edition process
- Ensuring contracted books are produced on schedule and to budget
The successful candidate will have several years experience in International selling. A desire to travel is essential and language skills are desirable.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to develop publishing partners in growing markets with some of the most innovative and creative product in the illustrated publishing world.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Alice Saggers (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Junior Design Assistants
Phaidon Press often require junior design and/or art-workers to assist in their London offices with the layout of large-scale projects.
Recent design graduates interested in fixed-term work should send their CVs or portfolios to Sarah Boris, Design Manager at email@example.com.
Phaidon Press is seeking a highly motivated and organised Production Controller to join their busy production team based in our London headquarters.
You will be responsible for the complete production process of new English language titles, from concept to delivery at port, reporting directly to the Production Managers.
Working closely with the Editorial Department and outside Designers, the ideal candidate will already be working in a four colour environment, have an amazing eye for colour and the ability to realise design visions at the very highest quality levels.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Proven experience of working in a four-colour book production environment
- Experience of working in a creative environment, with good knowledge of printing, binding and non-standard techniques / sourcing
- Proactive approach, with the ability to act on initiative and problem solve
- Experience of working with overseas suppliers
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to multi-task and manage a busy, varied workflow with good communication and administrative skills
- Solid working experience of InDesign, Quark, Photoshop, Word and Excel is essential.
Only candidates with the Experience / Skills Required will be considered.
Preference will be given to those candidates with prior experience of working for a visual arts publisher.